Total carbs: 7.2 g
Fiber: 3.9 g
Net carbs: 3.3 g
Protein: 30.1 g
Fat: 63.3 g
Energy: 719 kcal
Magnesium: 52 (13% RDA)
Potassium: 533 (27% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (1.9%), protein (17.1%), fat (81%)
- Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add finely chopped herbs and parmesan cheese. If you don’t have basil and oregano, use chives, parsley or the green part of one spring onion.
- Heat a skillet greased with ghee (or butter, coconut oil) over medium-high heat. Once hot, pour the egg mixture in and lower the heat. Use a spatula to bring in the omelet from the sides towards the center for the first 30 seconds. This will ensure even cooking.
- When the top seems firm, flip on the other side for just about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can fold the omelet in half and cook for another 30-60 seconds. Do not cook for too long or the omelet will be dry.
- When done, place on a serving plate and top with crisped up bacon and sliced avocado.