One of my fondest food memories of barbecues and family gatherings as a kid was the onion dip and chips. I was that easy to please. It was hard to believe that one pack of dried onion soup and sour cream could make such an incredible taste. This is my adult, healthier, homemade version of that old favorite. Making this recipe with Greek yogurt packs it with extra protein. Serve it alongside a vegetable tray and you have a low carb party appetizer that won’t break the carb bank. I also love to serve this dip with my Salt and Pepper Vegetable Chips
Check out some of my other favorite keto dip recipes:
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip
- Sun-dried Tomato Garlic Dip
- Dips, Dressings and Sauces Ebook
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Greek Onion Dip
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16 Servings 1x
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add onions, butter, olive oil, cooking sherry, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized – About 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, thyme, and black pepper.
- Mix caramelized onions in with Greek yogurt. Garnish with chopped green onions. This dip is best served after refrigerating for several hours to let the flavors come together.
Per Serving – Calories: 70 | Fat: 6g | Protein: 1.5g | Net Carbs: 3g
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup