Avocado DIY hair mask with essential oils. This all natural, chemical free treatment will make your dry and damaged hair healthy and smooth again.
READY TO GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS? START HERE
Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror only to see dry, split, frizzy hair? Weather, over processing and some types of beauty products can have dramatic effects on hair health. If you are looking for a safe, non-toxic, natural treatment to reduce frizz and improve the overall look and feel of your hair, then you have come to the right place. This DIY – Avocado Hair Mask with Essential Oils is the perfect chemical free answer to dry and damaged hair. Adding essential oils for healthy hair to this treatment will also help with scalp concerns. Cedarwood, Rosemary and clary sage essential oils have been shown to help promote hair growth. Geranium and sandalwood essential oils help to strengthen brittle hair. Chamomile and lavender essential oils are great natural conditioners. Adding one or a combination of any these essential oils will be an added benefit to this treatment. If you are interested in getting started with essential oils, I would love to help you. You can read more about them here.
In addition to the DIY hair mask, check out some of my other favorite DIY essential oil recipes:
- DIY Essential Oil Relaxation Rub
- All Natural DIY Deodorant Recipe
- DIY Peppermint Coffee Body Scrub
- Essential oils for Healthy Nails
- DIY Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- DIY Soothing Lavender Body Butter Recipe
DIY Avocado Hair Mask
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, and yogurt. Blend with a hand mixer or immersion blender (I use this one) until smooth and creamy.
- To the mixture, add the almond oil, jojoba oil, honey and essential oils. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Wet hair and towel dry.
- Add the mixture to your hair starting at the roots, and working your way out to the tips.
- Gently massage the mixture into your scalp. Leave the treatment in your hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and wash hair as normal.
Click HERE to PIN