This Keto Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake is one of my favorite lazy Saturday morning breakfasts. I love to whip this up on a weekend morning and then have it for breakfast all throughout the week. It is so good topped with sour cream and green onions. The cool creaminess of the sour cream compliments the spiciness of the chorizo perfectly. If you are looking for more easy one pot breakfast recipes, check out my Pizza Frittata or my Spicy Sausage and Caramelized Onion Breakfast Bake.
In addition to this Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake, Check out some of my other favorite low carb breakfast recipes:
Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake
- Yield: Makes 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: baking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 9 ounces pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 20 minutes
- Add the chorizo and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the chorizo is cooked all the way through and the mushrooms are tender.
- Drain the excess grease from the pan. Reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the chorizo mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Pour the egg/cheese mixture over top. Mix just slightly until some of the chorizo shows through the egg layer.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and green onions, if using.
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: keto breakfast recipes, low carb breakfast recipes, breakfast bake recipe, egg recipes, keto recipes, low carb recipes