Pan-frying or oven-roasting Brussels sprouts takes away a lot of their bitter flavor. Pairing the sprouts with this creamy Dijon cider dressing is a match made in heaven. Think honey mustard without the added carbs from honey. Best of all, you can have these on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- olive oil
- Brussels sprouts
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- Dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
How to cook Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts were my childhood torture food. My mom would boil them until they were brown and mushy and then over season them with salt. It was truly awful. Please do us both a favor and DON'T BOIL YOUR SPROUTS!
So how should you cook them? Roast them in the oven on a sheet pan, pan-fry them, or toss them in the air-fryer. These are my three favorite ways to cook them. All three of those methods will leave you with a perfectly crisp-tender center and a nice char on the outside.
Need a little inspiration? Check out these recipes - Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon and Skillet Roasted Brussels sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce and Bacon
Substitutions and Variations
- In place of the olive oil, you could also use avocado oil, butter flavored coconut oil, coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Not a fan of sprouts? This recipe would also be amazing with broccoli
- For a dairy free version, you could substitute mayo in place of the sour cream and add a little more vinegar
- If you don't have dijon mustard, stone ground or spicy brown are great options
- While apple cider vinegar really is the best vinegar for this recipe, you could substitute apple cider or even hard cider
- If you aren't a fan of monk fruit, you can use your low carb sweetener of choice.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Antipasto Salad
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- Shrimp Cakes with Remoulade
- Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Vanilla Glaze
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-ups with Dijon Butter Glaze