7 Reasons Why Butter is Good For You
Check out Some of my other favorite healthy living articles:
- 10 Proven Health Benefits of a Low Carb Ketogenic Diet
- How Many Carbs Should You Eat Per Day to Lose Weight
- Why Starving Yourself to Lose Weight Doesn’t Work
- Keto 101
- 8 Ways to do a Low Carb Diet
1. Butter is Rich in Fat-Soluble Vitamins
Bottom Line: Butter contains a lot of fat-soluble vitamins. Grass-fed butter is particularly rich in Vitamin K2, which can have powerful health benefits.
2. Butter Contains a Lot of Healthy Saturated Fats
The “war” against saturated fat was based on bad science.
Bottom Line: New studies show that there is no association between saturated fat and heart disease. Butter contains short- and medium chain fats.
3. Butter Lowers Heart Attack Risk Compared to Margarine
Mainstream nutrition guidelines tend to backfire and have the opposite effect of what they were intended to do.
Bottom Line: Margarine raises heart attack risk, while natural butter does not. Grass-fed butter may even reduce heart attack risk due to the high Vitamin K2 content.
4. Butter is a Good Source of The Fatty Acid Butyrate
The 4-carbon fatty acid butyrate is created by bacteria in the colon when they are exposed to dietary fiber.
In rats, butyrate supplementation prevents weight gain on an unhealthy diet by increasing energy expenditure and reducing food intake. It also improves the function of mitochondria and lowers fasting triglycerides and insulin (13).
Bottom Line: Butter is an excellent source of the 4-carbon fatty acid butyrate, which can have various health benefits.
5. Butter is Rich in Conjugated Linoleic Acid
Butter, especially grass-fed, is a great source of a fatty acid called Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Bottom Line: Grass-fed butter contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) which has been shown to improve body composition in several studies.
6. Butter is Associated With a Lower Risk of Obesity
7. Butter is Delicious
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***