This colorful root hash is the perfect lazy Sunday morning brunch dish. Top it with some ooey gooey, yolky eggs and you have a match made in heaven. That being said, it is also a wonderful dinner side dish.
Root Vegetable Hash with Bacon
Makes Servings: 6 Per Serving: Calories – 105 Protein – 4 g Carbs – 11 net g Fat – 4 g
- 6 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 8 oz. Sweet Potato – Diced
- 8 oz. Beets – Peeled and Diced
- 8 oz. White Turnip – Diced
- 3 oz. Red Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Rib Celery – Diced
- Sea Salt and Pepper – To Taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, retaining the bacon fat. To the bacon fat in the pan, add sweet potato, beets, turnip, red onion, garlic, celery, sea salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, sauté until vegetable are tender. About 15-20 minutes. Add crumbled bacon back to pan and mix in.